Saturday

Sunrise Theory

I used to wake up when the sun would first begin to rise
the first rays of sunlight would cover her
setting her red hair on fire.
On mornings like this, we would get up early,
and eat breakfast outside watching the sun begin its trek across the sky.
That is when I miss her the most.
It was late and she was driving home from Miami,
we spent a week there wrapped in each others arms.
On the beach, I asked her to marry me during one of our breakfast mornings,
She gave her answer with one of her perfect kisses.
I still see her in dreams, she comes, wakes me and whispers,
"I love you."
But she is always gone by sunrise.

2 comments:

Melanie Enzor said...

I really like this one too. You're talented.
:)

J. Patrick Dunne said...

thank you, I appreciate you reading and the comments are great.